2009年11月9日月曜日

Class6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

I want to explain "in the dead of night".
This proverb say "草木も眠る丑三つ時" in Japanese.
This proverb mean that state of silent night.


2. What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.

This mean is that time is important. So, you don't waste time as money.

b. A stitch in time saves nine.

This meas is that if you take a stitch in advance, you can save a lot of time to take 9 stitch after your cloth is popped open.

c. There's no time like the present.


This mean is that present is best time. So, you don't miss a good opportunity or chance.

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.

This mean is that time pass quickly, so time can't wait for personal reasons.

8 件のコメント:

  1. Sometimes I say these proverbs.
    But, I don't understand these meaning well!

    返信削除
  2. Hi funyanko-nyan-nyan,
    I've ever heared [草木も眠る丑三つ時]
    but I didn't know that mean.
    So you are clever ;)!

    返信削除
  3. Hello!
    Thank you for explaining the proverb "草木も眠る丑三つ時" in English.
    I'm not only learn the japanese meaning but also know the exactly time of"丑三つ時".
    It's mid-night 2 o'clock to 2:30 o'clock.

    返信削除
  4. "in the dead of night" I am scared this time. When I am rooted to the spot by terror, It is always 2 o'clock. I think this is time to appear for ghost.

    返信削除
  5. Hello~!
    It is the first time i hear "草木も眠る丑三つ時"!!
    I didn't know that.
    Where did you know that time proverb??

    返信削除
  6. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  7. Hi!
    I was surprised at the meaning of "d"!
    I didn't know that.
    Time passes quickly, so we should not be lazy.

    返信削除
  8. Hello^^
    I have never heared the proverb "草木も眠る丑三つ時". I could understand! thanks^^

    返信削除