2010年1月23日土曜日

Class12 Education


http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/books/revoew/EParker-t.html?scp=1&sq=japan%20english$20education%=cse

Do you agree with the writer Minae Misumura(”the Fall of Japanese in the Age of English") When she says that, "the dominance of English, especially with the advent of the Internet, threatens to reduce all other national languages to more "local" languages that are not taken seriously by scholars. The education system, she argues, doesn't spend enough time teaching Japanese."

Why? Give at 3 reasons to support your answer.


I agree with witer Minae Mizumura.
I'd like to tell 3 reasons.


The first, Internet is used by people from all over the world.
And English is common language of world. So English is often used on the Internet.

The secound, local language is only understand by local people.
So English is useful language as communicate with another counries people.

The third, I feel English calss is much than Japanese class, when I was junior high school student.

3 件のコメント:

  1. hello!

    It is true tha local language is only understanded by local people, but I think that we should protect these languages and their identity.

    返信削除
  2. Hi!!
    I agree with you!
    I also think 3 answer, we took English class too much when I was junior high and high school!!

    返信削除
  3. Hello.
    I don't think English class is much than Japanese class.
    Becasue we have already learned Japanese in elementary school haven't you??

    返信削除